The next series of overnight road closures and diversions has been announced for the A380 Torquay Road and Hamelin Way.
The project team is thanking all road users and residents for their continued patience as the project enters the final phases of activity. Throughout the works, diversion routes will be signposted and advance notices will be in place to advise road users. Maps of the suggested diversion routes can be found elsewhere on our website here
As with any construction programme, activities of this nature are weather-dependent and subject to unforeseen events. Should they occur, this may result in a change to the programme. Additionally, if the works conclude ahead of schedule each night the restrictions will be lifted sooner than planned.
Focusing on final surfacing work, road signs and line painting the work schedule is as follows:
- Thursday 5th and Friday 6th November 21:00 to 05:00: The A380 southbound carriageway (Torquay bound) will be closed overnight between Penn Inn and the access to Aller near to Hanson’s Quarry. LGVs will be diverted through St Marychurch Road, Aller Brake Road and on to the new Aller Link Road. HGVs will be diverted through Decoy.
- Saturday 7th, 14th and 28th November (contingency) 22:00 to 06:00: The A380 northbound carriageway (Newton Abbot bound) will be closed overnight from the Aller access near Hanson’s Quarry to Penn Inn. As this work is near to Network Rail, operations have to take place overnight when trains are not operational. LGVs will be diverted through the new Aller Link Road, Aller Brake Road and on to St Marychurch Road with HGVs diverted through Decoy.
- Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th November 19:30 to 06:00: The A380 southbound carriageway will be closed overnight between Ware Barton and Penn Inn for vegetation clearance and signage installation. Traffic will be diverted through Kingsteignton and Newton Abbot.
- Monday 9th to Friday 13th November 21:00 to 06:00: Hamelin Way will be closed overnight in both directions for surfacing, signage and anti-skid work. Diversion routes will be signposted through Shiphay.
- Thursday 12th and Friday 13th November 21:00 to 05:00: The A380 northbound carriageway will be closed overnight from the Aller access near Hanson’s Quarry to Penn Inn. Surfacing works will take place each night from 21:00 to 05.00. LGVs will be diverted through the new Aller Link Road, Aller Brake Road and on to St Marychurch Road with HGVs diverted through Decoy.